Live in Australia Permanently

Family-stream Permanent Residence visas

These are for:
  • Partners, children, parents or dependant relatives of an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or Eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Children being adopted or in the process of being adopted outside of Australia
  • Carers who need to move to Australia to provide long-term care for an approved relative
  • Aged dependent Relative visa (subclass 114 and 838)
  • Remaining relative visa (subclass 835 and 115)
  • Orphan Relative visa (subclass 837 and 117)
  • Carer visa (subclass 116 and 836)
  • Parent visa (subclass 103)
  • Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
  • Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)
  • Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
  • Child visa (subclass 101 and 802)
  • Adoption visa (subclass 102)

Work-stream Permanent Residence visas

  • These are for workers who have an Australian employer sponsoring them to work in Australia, or have skills that Australia values.
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
    1. Direct Entry Stream
    2. Temporary Residence Transition Stream
  • Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
    1. Direct Entry Stream
    2. Labour Agreement Stream
    3. Temporary Residence Transition Stream
  • Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
  • Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
  • Skilled Independent visa
    1. Points Tested Stream
    2. New Zealand Stream

Business or Investment-stream Permanent Residence visas

  • These are for people who own, undertake and manage business in Australia.
  • Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
    1. Business Innovation Stream
    2. Investor Stream
    3. Significant Investor Stream
    4. Premium Investor Stream
    5. Entrepreneur Stream
  • Business Owner visa (subclass 890)
  • Investor visa (subclass 891)
  • State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
  • State or Territory Sponsored Investor (subclass 893)
  • Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
    1. Significant Business History Stream
    2. Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream

Retirement visa Pathway

  • The Australian Government has created a pathway to permanent residency for eligible retirees
  • This pathway provides options to long-term residents who have contributed to, and are well established in the community
  • You may be eligible to apply for a pathway to permanent residency if you have:
    1. Held a Retirement visa (subclass 410) or Investment retirement (subclass 405) visa OR
    2. Your last substantive visa was a retirement visa (subclass 410) or investment retirement visa (subclass 405)
  • You must also:
    1. Not have held any substantive visas other than those stated above between 8 may 2018 and the day applied for the permanent residence pathway, and
    2. Be in Australia when you apply
  • Eligible Retirees may access the pathway through:
    1. Parent Visa (subclass 103) or
    2. Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
  • You will be subject to most of the existing requirements, however the sponsorship, balance of family test and assurance of support requirements are not tested
  • No places will be available for retirees under the Parent visa (subclass 103) until 2022
  • Waiting times for Parent (subclass 103) visas are significantly longer than those for Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) visas
  • Priorities are given to retirees who apply under the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) category until places become available in the Parent visa subclass from 2022

Former Resident visa

subclass 151
  • This permanent visa allows former permanent residents and certain people who served in the Australian Defence Force to live in Australia
  • Can stay in Australia permanently
  • Can work and study in Australia
  • Can sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
  • Can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply
  • Permanently
  • Can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years
    If you want to travel after the initial 5-year travel validity expires:
    1. you will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) so that you can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
  • Be able to meet long residence requirement, if applicable
    You must be able to show us that you meet all these criteria:
  • If you are 18 years or older, spent at least 9 years in Australia as a Permanent resident before you turned 18 or if you are younger than 18, spent at least half of your life in Australia as a permanent resident
    1. Younger than 45 years of age at the time you apply
    2. Have never been an Australian citizen
    3. Kept close business, cultural or personal ties with Australia (after you were no longer a permanent resident), including any regular contact with relatives or friends, frequent visits, owning property or having active business interests
  • Be able to meet defence service requirement, if applicable
    You must be able to show us that you meet one of these conditions:
    1. Completed at least 3 months of continuous Australian defence service
    2. Discharged from the Australian Defence Force before 3 months of service because you were medically unfit because of your Australian defence service
  • Be this age:
    1. To meet the long residence requirement, you must be younger than 45 at the time of application.
    2. There is no age requirement for the defence services requirement.
  • Must apply on paper
  • Meet health and character requirement
  • Might be asked to provide an Assurance of support
  • Not have had visa cancelled or previous application refused

Distinguished Talent visas

  • These visas are for people with an internationally-recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement
  • Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)
  • Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124) Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)

Refugee and Humanitarian visas

  • These visas are for people who left their home country due to persecution
  • Protection visa (subclass 866)
  • Refugee visa (subclass 200, 201, 203, 204)
  • Global Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 202)

  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.