New Updates on visa subclass (190, 491, 408) & working hours for student visa holders in Australia
- Most of Australian states are still nominating applications under 190 visa & 491 visas for financial year 2020-2021.
- 2021-2022 Migration ceiling will be maintained at 160, 000 places.
- Hospitality & tourism sector has suffered serious impact because of the COVID-19. Government announced a temporary relaxation of working hours (more than 40 hours a fortnight for student visa holder) who are employed in specified industry as below:
- Employed by an aged care Approved Provider or Commonwealth-funded aged care service provider with a RACS ID or a NAPS ID, before 8 September 2020.
- Employed by a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme provider
- Enrolled in a health care related course and you are supporting the health effort against COVID-19, as directed by health officials.
- Employed in the agriculture sector.
- Employed in the tourism and hospitality sector.
If you are working in critical sector, you may be eligible to apply Temporary Activity visa subclass 408 which allows you to stay & work full time for up- to 1 year.
Please contact us for any migration issue.